NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning), is a joint venture of the IITs and IISc, funded by the Ministry of Education (MoE) Government of India, and was launched in 2003. Initially started as a project to take quality education to all corners of the country, NPTEL now offers close to 600+ courses for certification every semester in about 22 disciplines.
- Largest online repository in the world of courses in engineering, basic sciences
and selected humanities and management subjects.
- YouTube channel for NPTEL – most subscribed educational channel, 1.3 billion
views and 40+ lakhs subscribers.
- More than 56000 hours of video content, transcribed and subtitled.
- Most accessed library of peer-reviewed educational content in the world.
- Translation of more than 12000 hrs of English transcripts in regional Indian languages.
For more information, visit: