Data analytic aims to help in building foundation in Statistics, data analysis, data mining, data structures, geometry, topology, algebra, economics, financial marketing and applied Mathematics. M.Sc in Mathematics involves advanced studies of Mathematics and Statistics laying a strong foundation which would support employability in industry as well as background for research. While pursuing M.Sc Mathematics degree, the students will develop practical knowledge, critical thinking, data handling, quantitative aptitude and conceptual skills. With an objective to foster the analytical skills among the students, M.Sc Mathematics course is the best for those who want to formulate the calculative and mathematical approach.
- The admission aspirant to the course must have studied Mathematics at graduation level and have scored at least 50% of marks in aggregate, OR
- He/she must have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level
To apply for M.Sc (Maths), you need to attach the following documents with your admission form –
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Birth Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- ID Proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
The documents must be attested by gazetted officer or any authorized official, as the case may be. Also, the applicant must carry original documents and photocopies while submitting the application for authentication and three passport size photographs.
- Data Analysis/Operations Analysis/Project Development – If one wants to work in the private sector, one can look at these profiles.
- Market Researcher – There are a lot of companies in which one can work to identify market patterns and trends, and help in analysing these trends.
- Banking – Banking is another sector that one can get into with M. Sc (Mathematics).
- Civil Services – Students are better equipped in Mathematics for Civil Services.
- Actuarial Sciences – If one loves data analysis, actuarial sciences would be a great field for him/her.
- Mathematician – Students can choose to pursue research (become a scientist) in the area of their own interest in Mathematics and they can work as a teaching professional.
- Military Operations – Mathematics degree would also allow the students to work in the military sector. Scientists are always required to work with military and development (DRDO, ISRO, HAL, SETS, etc.).
Course Fee & Duration
- 12000/-INR per year
- 2 Years
Our Skilled Instructors
Dr. Mukesh Pal Gangwar
Department Head (Mathematics)